Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Beggening, Part 5

       We finally found a suitable den-like structure in the farthest part of the crevice. It spooked me how everything was perfectly straight or smooth. My rescuer finally put me down. I turned around to say "thank you" but the words caught in my throat.

        Standing before me was the biggest feline I had ever seen. Sure, I've seen bob cats before, but this creature was HUGE! She had fawn colored fur and radiant golden eyes. Her ears were rounded instead of pointed and the end of her tail had a brown fluff. She toward over me with definitely 200 pounds of muscle, at least. I barley came up to her barrel chest. "Wha- wha-," I started, but quickly corrected my self, "er, who are you?"

        The big cat smiled warmly, showing huge, sharp teeth. I winced. "I am Tekah. I am a lioness." Her voice was deep, but gentle. It seemed to rumble in my bones. She sat down and abruptly began to lick herself. "Oh. Um... thank you for saving me. I, uh, really appreciate it..." I whispered. "There, there, little one," Tekah said soothingly, "I will not hurt you. You remind me of my cubs back home." Her eyes stared into a land only seen by her. I noticed the difference in her voice, almost like an accent where was she from? Then I remembered the big blue bird. I turned to him. "Who are you?" I asked timidly. "I am Goger. I am a blue heron," he replied with out turning his head to me. He wasn't looking around or making eye contact with me or Tekah. It kind of creeped me out.

        It was hard to settle down for the night. My most recent home had just burned and my only companions were a heron and a lioness. Who knew if she would eat me in my sleep? I had to take chance. Exhaustion over came me and I fell asleep listening to the angry noises of this strange place.

-howl on

No comments:

Post a Comment