Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Beggening, Part 2

       I was unmistakabley in a zoo. At first it seemed like the most horrible thing in the world. New, unrecognizable smells were sucked into my nose to fast for my small pup brain to handle. The other wolves were some what friendly, but they kept there distance. From some of there scents I picked up that they were brought up in the zoo. Others, like me, were taken.

       I was the youngest one there. Thankfully I could eat regular meat instead of milk or regurgitated food (that would have been embarrassing). For the first few days, I refused to eat anything or be with anyone. I huddled in the far corner of the encloser. Humans came to stick more pointy things in me. I tried to fight them but they were too many. I could smell that they were trying to be friendly, but that didn't trick me.

        Finally, they had me pressed on the ground with five of them stabbing five needles into my legs, back and rump. They stung for a few minutes, but the pain was gone by the end of the day.

        Wolves, being pack animals, I finally had to go and mingle with the rest of the wolves. I found out that they weren't really a pack. With no hunting, rival wolves, or anything else a normal wolf should do, a pack hadn't really formed. There were seven wolves in all, not including me. Tirra, Widily, Poutner, Igna, Zeska, Qin, Yik, and Malidy. There ages ranged from two to ten. Poutner was the oldest. He had white and gray fur all over him. His bones were weak and he barley moved. Tirra seemed to be the alpha even though there wasn't a pack. That didn't stop her from bossing around the rest of us. I was the omega, but the others reassured me and kept me comfort. I still whined at night for my mother and pack mates...

-howl on

No comments:

Post a Comment