Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Beggening, Part 4

    The mass of frightened animals, screeching and crying out as they scrambled to find an exit almost over whelmed me. It was all I could do to not curl up in a ball, shut my eyes, and die. But my mother had taught me better. She bore it into my wee brain that in any situation I had to survive. So I did.

    Dodging paws, hooves, talons, and other stuff I couldn't describe I nimbly ran for my life. Humans were running around and unsuccessfully try to dodge the hoard of chaotic animals. I only saw a few animals that I could recognize. Others were completely alien to me. I almost got stepped on by a huge gray wrinkly animal that had a long, long nose and big, big teeth. It was about to step on me with it's flat bottom foot when someone, or something, snatched me by the scruff of my neck. Sharp teeth almost pierced through my skin. I was thankful anyone had saved me. I tried to twist around to see who my savor was, but her or she was running to fast.

    A large blue bird was standing very still in the middle of a clearing. It's misty eyes showed confusion and frustration. What was he doing? "Over here!" I yelled. He definitely smelled prey-like, but I wanted to help anyone I could. "Follow us!" The bird swung it's head in our direction. He took a few hesitant steps, but then started galloping over. My rescuer kept on running. She took a quick turn and came upon a seven foot tall wall. My heart almost stopped. We'd never make it. But she kept on running until she gave a huge leap and cleared the wall with inches to spare. A flutter of wings behind us meant the bird had made it too. My rescuer kept going.

    What seemed to be huge straight mountains toward over us. Big color full monsters roared down brightly lined paths. Squeals, honks, rumbles, and all sorts of other noises tormented our sensitive ears. My rescuer kept running, almost knocking over surprised humans. She suddenly turned into a small crevice between two tower-mountains and headed into the unknown.

-howl on

No comments:

Post a Comment